Public Safety: Midtown Blue
Our Midtown Blue public safety force acts as the “eyes and ears” of the Midtown community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Comprised of more than 40 off-duty Atlanta Police Department (APD) officers with full powers of arrest, Midtown Blue provides an added layer of public safety services to supplement APD regular patrols.
Midtown Blue’s goals are three-fold: 1) reduce crime, 2) ensure that people feel safe and secure, and 3) respond quickly to traffic and other incidents. Using the latest technology, we expand our reach and effectiveness. As a result, for the past 10 years, the Midtown district has registered consistent decreases in crime, making it one of the safest communities in metro Atlanta.
Services we provide:
- Immediate response to emergency situations, supplementing APD
- Regular patrols in highly-visible Midtown Blue vehicles, averaging more than 2.5 officers per shift – 24/7, 365 days a year
- A 24-hour joint operations center with APD Zone 5 as part of Midtown Blue’s offices, enabling seamless coordination
- Maintaining and monitoring the region’s most extensive network of high-definition video cameras, which cover nearly 90% of the public right-of-way
- An array of crime-prevention and public safety programs and classes offered to Midtown property owners, property managers, businesses, office workers and residents
Midtown Blue is here to serve our community. Call 404-817-0500 to speak directly with an officer to:
- Report suspicious activity or discuss any safety and security issues or concerns you might have
- Find out about public safety training classes or get safety tips
Remember, If it is an emergency, call 911 first, then call Midtown Blue.
Schedule a Public Safety Class
Midtown Blue provided more than 80 public safety classes to Midtown employers, workers and residents, and provides free public awareness materials. Contact us to schedule one today.
See something amiss in Midtown? Download the SeeClickFix mobile app - or use the website - and you can photograph, report, and monitor maintenance issue you notice in the public right-of-way.
Eyes on the Street
Midtown Blue’s public safety officers monitor in real time the region’s most extensive network of high-definition video cameras, covering 90% of the public right-of-ways. See a map of our camera locations.