Arts & Attractions
The heart of the arts is found in Midtown. Each year, more than six million guests visit the largest concentration of cultural venues in the Southeast right here.
With 25 different arts and cultural venues, more than 30 permanent performing arts groups, and 22 various entertainment facilities, Midtown features the largest concentration of arts facilities and organizations in the Southeast. Visitors and residents alike flock to the Woodruff Arts Center, the country's fourth-largest arts campus , and home to the Tony award-winning Alliance Theater, the Grammy-winning Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, and the world-renowned High Museum of Art.
Midtown's galleries, museums and theaters feature sophisticated and exciting exhibitions and performances. The fabulous Fox Theatre features 300 performances each year ranging from ballet to rock & roll and Broadway. Midtown also boasts the 14th Street Playhouse, Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA) and the unique Center for Puppetry Arts, the largest organization in the U.S. solely dedicated to the art of puppet theater.
Relax or play in "Atlanta's back yard," Piedmont Park, one of the South's greatest parks. Wander through the majestic Atlanta Botanical Garden. See the birthplace of Margaret Mitchell, author of"Gone with the Wind." Rock to Music Midtown or one of many special events and festivals. Or take in one of many cultural experiences located within the district.
Midtown is also a short distance from other major Atlanta attractions, including The Georgia Aquarium (.8 miles), World of Coca-Cola (.8 miles), Turner Field (2.7 miles), The Georgia Dome (1.2 miles), and Georgia World Congress Center (1.3 miles)
Share in our celebration of inspirational lives, historical moments, and passionate compositions. See why Midtown is the heart of the arts.
- Alliance Theatre1280 Peachtree Street
- Ansley Golf Club196 Montgomery Ferry Drive
- Ansley Park Playhouse1545 Peachtree Street
- Atlanta Botanical Garden1345 Piedmont Avenue
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra1280 Peachtree Street
- Bill Lowe Gallery1555 Peachtree Street
- The Biltmore
- The Breman Museum1440 Spring Street
- Center for Puppetry Arts1404 Spring Street
- Center Stage1374 West Peachtree Street
- Dewberry Gallery of SCAD1545 Peachtree Street
- Digital Media Center Theatre at SCAD Atlanta1611 West Peachtree Street
- The Fox Theatre660 Peachtree Street
- Gallery 16001600 Peachtree Street
- High Museum of Art1280 Peachtree Street
- The Historic Academy of Medicine at Georgia Tech875 West Peachtree Street
- Ivy Hall179 Ponce de Leon Avenue
- Margaret Mitchell House990 Peachtree Street
- The Millenium Gate and Museum at Atlantic Station395 17th Street
- Monetary Museum1000 Peachtree Street
- Museum of Design Atlanta1315 Peachtree Street
- The New American Shakespeare Tavern499 Peachtree Street
- Piedmont Park400 Park Drive
- Quad at Spring4th Complex714 Spring Street
- Rhodes Hall1516 Peachtree Street
- Spring4th Complex728 Spring Street
- Terminal West887 W Marietta
- Trois Gallery1600 Peachtree Street
- Whole World Improv Theatre1216 Spring Street
- The Wimbish House1150 Peachtree Street
- The Woodruff Arts Center1280 Peachtree Street