This is a unique opportunity to make a real difference, playing a central role in optimizing the next chapters for a key organization in our city.
We are looking for an accomplished professional with solid experience to support our talented team as we start 2023 with a fresh set of priorities. This is a new position that will work across the organization as the primary provider of a broad range of administrative and operational support on multiple levels.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a confident, easy style who is comfortable working with minimal direction. This highly collaborative position will work hands-on to identify and handle various needs and create and streamline new processes to optimize our operations. Through this work, our Administrative Manager will be eager to learn new areas of our operations, find new opportunities to add value, take on additional responsibilities and special projects and grow in the role.
A Successful Applicant Has These Characteristics:
- You have a genuine interest in our work to create an exceptional urban experience and a vibrant community as city-building professionals.
- You are eager to roll up your sleeves to understand every aspect of what we do as an organization across functional teams.
- You are a curious and enthusiastic problem-solver and organizer.
- You are observant, detail-oriented and enjoy multi-tasking.
- You are an excellent communicator with a positive approach and a sense of humor.
If you answered each of the above with an enthusiastic “yes” – please read-on.
More About Our Organization:
Midtown Alliance is a coalition of business and civic leaders focused on promoting economic development and creating an exceptional urban experience in Midtown Atlanta. We are widely viewed as the driving force behind the revitalization of Midtown and a national model for urban excellence.
Our priorities include urban planning and design; streetscape and transportation enhancements; creating publicly accessible parks and plazas; adding street level arts, activation, and programming; maintaining robust public safety, maintenance and beautification programs; and ensuring the active engagement of our leadership, stakeholders and the community.
Our organization, team and leadership are rock-solid. We have been in existence as a non-profit organization for 45 years and our Community Improvement District has existed since 2000. We are a transparent, public-facing organization with a reputation for getting important things done with a sense of urgency.
The organization currently has 50 FTEs. We are governed by a 10-person Executive Committee and a 68-person Board of Directors, as well as a 9-person Midtown Improvement District Board. Our projected 2023 expenditures are $16 million. We currently operate out of two offices within an easy walk: a street-level space for our Midtown Blue and Green teams at 6th and Peachtree Street and an office building at 10th and Peachtree Street.
Principal Responsibilities of this Role:
- Broad administrative and logistical support to help departments achieve their work plan objectives effectively, efficiently and enjoyably. This includes:
- Providing support for internal and outward-facing meetings and events including Board meetings and membership gatherings, our annual meeting, and a variety of other community events throughout the Midtown District.
- Ensuring that our offices are well organized and have what they need to run smoothly day-to-day – from supplies, operating equipment and technological tools to properly maintained facilities.
- Coordinating with contractors as necessary and working with our team and CFO to optimize our technology infrastructure and computing/AV setups as we undertake a significant office enhancement project.
- Support of basic HR and team-building activities: helping to coordinate meetings and events that keep our team engaged and knowledgeable, and our workplaces rewarding and enjoyable; for our handful of yearly new hires - post open positions, help scan applicants and coordinate with our team to onboard and orient new hires. Assist the CFO as needed on annual benefit plan and insurance coverage renewals and enrollments and fielding any related inquiries from team members.
- Assist as needed with the maintenance of the organization’s event calendar, CRM database and various contractual documents with vendors, consultants and contractors.
Out-of-the-district travel is minimal. This is not a remote work position, but office hours can be flexible. This is a core, “be there” support and organizational development role for the entire team, requiring a predictable pattern of in-person support and visibility for both offices.
- Genuine interest in how people connect with their city, the importance of the urban experience and a passion for the work of the Midtown Alliance.
- Practical, working knowledge of business, organizational and human resource core principles, and best practices. A collaborative, problem-solving approach, and a gifted communicator with the ability to connect effectively with a variety of people.
- Career track record of experience positions with increasing responsibilities, displaying hands-on leadership in optimizing organizational performance. Demonstrated success in key roles in rapidly evolving, outward facing organizations.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills in a Microsoft O365 environment; ability to work with cloud-based database/CRM and file storage applications.
Why Midtown Alliance?
Midtown Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, plus exceptional benefits to include employer-paid medical, dental, short- & long-term disability as well as life insurance, generous paid leave (15 vacation, 10 sick, & 13 holidays), and a retirement savings plan with an employer match after one year of service.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest (mandatory) and resume to Apply@MidtownATL.com.
Midtown Alliance is an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and needs of the organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal or state law.