Public Safety Dispatcher
Midtown Alliance is a coalition of business and civic leaders focused on promoting economic development and creating an exceptional urban experience in Midtown Atlanta. Priorities include capital projects and infrastructure improvements, public safety, transportation and urban planning, maintenance and beautification, technology innovation, membership, grant funding and the marketing for these initiatives and Midtown Atlanta generally. Midtown Alliance is a 501(c)(3) organization and is governed by a 13-person Executive Committee and a 70-person Board of Directors. Visit www.MidtownATL.com to learn more.
Midtown Improvement District (MID) is a community improvement district (CID) created to offer capital improvements, enhanced public safety and maintenance services within the Midtown district. The MID is funded through a voluntary contribution of property taxes (5 mills) by commercial property owners and plays a pivotal role in implementing Blueprint Midtown, the master plan envisioned by the community and spearheaded by Midtown Alliance. The MID is governed by a 9- person Board of Directors and staffed by Midtown Alliance.
Midtown Alliance is currently accepting resumes for the rewarding and challenging position of Public Safety Dispatcher to work with our Midtown Blue supplemental public safety program. This position represents a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and highly-respected organization whose work has led to the growth of one of the most vibrant and successful areas of our City.
Midtown Blue works with the Atlanta Police Department, MARTA, Georgia Tech, Emory, SCAD, the Federal Reserve and other private security entities to ensure the safety and security of the Midtown Improvement District located in Midtown Atlanta. The Midtown Blue public safety force acts as the “eyes and ears” of the Midtown community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our public safety strategy includes patrolling, monitoring, education, collaboration, and enforcement to protect and serve all who live in, work in, and visit the Midtown Improvement District.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional customer service skills to --
- Answer emergency and non-emergency calls and document important information (who, what, when, and where)
- Respond to any issues and follow-up by coordinating with the appropriate Public Safety Officers/Supervisors
- Operate and manage a multi-line telephone system and radio network
- Use the radio, phone or computer to direct Public Safety Officers/Atlanta Police Officers and other field units to the appropriate locations
- Prioritize and organize calls according to urgency
- Supervise the location and status of all officers out in the field
- Maintain and update call logs, call records and other important documentation via Salesforce
- Proactively monitor camera network
- Ask questions to interpret, analyze and anticipate the caller’s situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch emergency services, or refer callers to other agencies
Working Hours/Special Work Conditions:
The Dispatcher will report to the Public Safety Supervisor and work Monday-Friday on one of the following shifts --
Qualified dispatcher candidates must be at least 18 years old, must not have any felony convictions and must meet the following criteria --
- Possess a high school diploma or GED and valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Proficient in MS Office with proven experience in data entry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to actively listen and communicate effectively through clear speech and hearing, as well as write clearly and spell correctly
- Experience with providing excellent customer service
- Ability to to follow instructions, using logic and reasoning to reach conclusions and approaches to problems
- Ability to think quickly and work well under pressure, using judgment and decision-making skills to evaluate situations, establish priorities, pass on information as needed, and resolve matters
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with fellow employees, representatives from other departments, and supervisors
This is a full-time position. A competitive salary commensurate with experience plus an excellent benefits package will be offered. Benefits include Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, plus a 403b with 100% match up to 5% of compensation. Paid time off includes fifteen days of vacation, up to ten sick days and thirteen Holidays per year.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Dan Istok at Daniel@MidtownATL.com. No phone calls please.