Midtown Green Night/Weekend Supervisor
Midtown Alliance is a coalition of business and civic leaders focused on promoting economic development and creating an exceptional urban experience in Midtown, Atlanta. We are a mission driven organization, widely viewed as the driving force behind the revitalization of Midtown and a national model for urban excellence. Our priorities include urban design, planning and executing transportation enhancements, public parks and plazas, arts and activation; a robust public safety, maintenance and beautification program; and ensuring the active engagement of our stakeholders and the community. We are a member supported, 501c(3) non-profit organization in our 42nd year of operation, and our Midtown Community Improvement District (CID) is now celebrating its 20th year.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices. In addition, specifications are intended to outline the minimum qualifications necessary for the position and do not necessarily convey the qualifications of incumbents within the position.
- Manage the assignments of the night and weekend staff
- Positively interacts with Midtown stakeholders to provide customer service and ensure a safe and welcoming environment
- Responsible for providing timely updates to the Midtown Green Manager
- Responsible for the continual review of designated staff’s assigned duties in order to identify gaps and recommend solutions
- Recommends and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives, establish schedules and methods for improving services
- Assist with the training and orientation of new hires
- Responsible for general maintenance services, streetscape improvements and landscape services
- Responsible for the performance of general repairs and placement of fixtures as directed
Responsible for special projects as outlined below and ensuring that the work is performed in a professional manner;
- Emphasize environmentally sensitive products and practices that support the objectives of the Midtown EcoDistrict
- Act as important “eyes and ears” while working in the District, to identify and report back issues that need to be addressed, including suspicious persons, nuisance behaviors or activities, damaged or malfunctioning infrastructure
- Quality control procedures to ensure that activities are performed in a complete, high-quality, timely and time-efficient manner
The services outlined above shall be performed within the Midtown Alliance service area (includes the Midtown Improvement District and expanded areas). These services shall utilize vehicles and equipment provided by Midtown Alliance.
Working Hours/Special Work Conditions
The shift is from 2:00 PM-10:00 PM Wednesday-Sunday. The Supervisor is paid as a full-time employee working at a minimum 40 hours per week. At the discretion of your Manager, the position may be required to work holidays and/or special events.
- Possess the ability to present a positive, reassuring and highly professional image as a representative of Midtown Green
- Be customer-service oriented and effectively engage with a broad range of individuals in diverse situations
- Possess strong leadership skills and experience managing other staff members • Minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess a minimum 5 years of demonstrated management and/or supervisory experience • Possess a valid Georgia driver’s license
- Must pass driver history check
- Possess a High school diploma or GED, however two years of college education is preferred
- Stable work history
- Pass physical fitness test and exam by licensed physician
- Ability to work day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and (12) twelve panel drug screening
The ideal candidate should also possess the required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the job.
Compensation and Benefits
Midtown Alliance provides a highly competitive pay ($15.00-$18.00/hr) and benefits depending on qualifications.
For Questions and to Apply
Contact Kyle Guess, Midtown Green Program Manager at Kyle@MidtownATL.com.
Midtown Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.