Senior Program Manager - Midtown Transportation
This position represents a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and highly respected organization whose work has fueled one of the most vibrant and successful areas of our City and one of the most robust transportation networks in the Southeast.
About Midtown Alliance:
We are a nonprofit coalition of business and civic leaders focused on creating an exceptional urban experience in Midtown. Our work includes urban design; planning and executing transportation enhancements, public parks and plazas, arts, and activation; a robust public safety, maintenance, and beautification program; and ensuring active community engagement. We are a member-supported organization with a 40+ year reputation for getting things done a. We operate with a full-time staff of 45 and projected 2021 expenditures of $10 million.
Since 2000, Midtown Alliance has leveraged millions of dollars in public and private funding to plan, design, and construct improvements in the public realm to include sidewalks, bicycle facilities, traffic signals, and other urban infrastructure. These investments have transformed Midtown's major corridors by improving safety, access, mobility, and aesthetics, all of which reinforce the district's strong urban identity.
This role is responsible for leading our sustainable transportation demand management program. The goal of this program is to support the continued development of Midtown Atlanta as a transit-oriented, pedestrian friendly environment by reducing the number of trips made by motor vehicle. We seek to accomplish this by encouraging participation in climate friendly modes of transportation like transit, walking, bicycling, ridesharing, and teleworking.
This program provides consulting services to employers that encourages the adoption of commuter benefits such as subsidized transit passes for employees, encourages commuters to embrace the use of alternative transportation through awareness and incentives, and works with building managers to help promote and encourage the use of transportation alternatives.
This position will develop annual work plans, plan and execute programs and campaigns that increase alternative mode use, ensure compliance with grant requirements, track and report progress, and manage the program budget.
The position will manage two staff members and reports to the Director of Transportation & Sustainability.
- Administering the program including managing and developing staff, creating an annual work plan, overseeing the program budget, grant management, and working collaboratively on strategic decisions with the Director of Transportation
- Engaging with Midtown businesses and properties to develop customized commute options plans and encourage participation
- Educating commuters on transportation options, primarily through event and campaigns
- Developing and pursuing policy changes in coordination with the City of Atlanta that help us reach our goals
- Creating and implementing a successful communications and marketing strategy for the program as a whole and for specific promotions and campaigns
- Coordinating and executing promotional events
- Tracking and reporting progress on an ongoing basis
The ideal candidate will...
- Be passionate about transit and multimodal options.
- Have exceptional program management skills with a “get it done” attitude and a sense of urgency. This includes the ability to plan and implement measurably successful promotions and campaigns that change travel behavior.
- Have strong communication skills including the ability to develop compelling written pieces as well as delivering persuasive pitches and presentations to employer representatives and groups of people
- Thrive in a collaborative environment working across departments to achieve multiple organizational objectives
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, urban planning, or public policy from an accredited college or university
- Three (3+) years of responsible professional experience in a program management capacity
- Experience with program management with a track record of increasing responsibilities and success
- Proactive thinker and planner who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic office environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Exceptional organization and follow through capabilities
- Ability to engage with community members at various levels and cultivate successful partnerships
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible team player with who is resourceful and takes initiative to accomplish tasks
- A basic knowledge of and passion for transit and other transportation options
- Experience developing and managing budgets
Why Midtown Alliance?
Midtown Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, plus exceptional benefits to include employer-paid medical, dental, short & long term disability as well as life insurance, generous paid leave (15 vacation, 10 sick, & 13 holidays), and a retirement plan with an employer match after one year of service.
Interested & qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Apply@MidtownATL.com with the subject line: Senior Program Manager - Midtown Transportation
Midtown Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and needs of the organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal or state law.