Landscaping and Maintenance Team Member
About Midtown Alliance
Midtown Alliance is a coalition of business and civic leaders focused on promoting economic development and creating an exceptional urban experience in Midtown, Atlanta. Priorities include infrastructure improvements, public safety, transportation and urban design and planning, beautification, economic development and communications and marketing.
Midtown Alliance is a non-profit organization and is governed by a 15-person Executive Committee and a 70-person Board of Directors. Midtown Alliance operates with a full-time staff of more than 40 people.
Since 2000, Midtown Alliance has leveraged more than $400 million in public and private funding to plan, design, and construct improvements in the public realm to include sidewalks, bicycle facilities, traffic signals, and other urban infrastructure.To accomplish our work, we partner with the City of Atlanta and other agencies.
These investments have transformed Midtown's major corridors by improving safety, access, mobility, and aesthetics - all of which reinforce the district's strong urban identity.
Midtown Green Job Description
This scope of work falls into the following categories:
- General maintenance services;
- Streetscape improvements;
- Landscaping services;
- Repairs and placement of fixtures as directed;
- Special projects as described below; and
This work will be performed in a highly professional manner, and will:
- Maintain a customer service orientation to Midtown stakeholders that reflects well on the Midtown Alliance;
- Emphasize environmentally sensitive products and practices that support the objectives of the Midtown EcoDistrict;
- Act as important “eyes and ears” while working in the District, to identify and report back issues that need to be addressed, including suspicious persons, nuisance behaviors or activities, damaged or malfunctioning infrastructure;
- Quality control procedures to ensure that activities are performed in a complete, high-quality, timely and time-efficient manner.
The services outlined above shall be performed within the Midtown Alliance service area (includes the Midtown Improvement District and expanded areas).
These services shall utilize vehicles and equipment provided by Midtown Alliance.
Hours: Full-time (day shifts)
A Successful Applicant will:
- Present a positive, reassuring and highly professional image as representatives of Midtown Green
- Be customer-service oriented and effectively engage a broad range of individuals in diverse situations
- Minimum age 21 years
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- Must pass driver history check
- High school diploma or GED, two years of college education preferred
- Stable work history
- Pass physical fitness test and exam by licensed physician
- Ability to work day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
- Twelve panel drug test
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to perform the essential functions of the job
Highly competitive pay and benefits depending on qualifications. For questions, contact Kyle Guess, Midtown Green Program Manager at Kyle@MidtownATL.com.
Interested candidates may apply at Apply@MidtownATL.com.