Midtown Green Landscaping and Maintenance Team Member
This position represents a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and highly respected organization whose work has led to the growth of one of the most vibrant and successful areas of our City.
About Midtown Alliance:
Midtown Alliance is a nonprofit coalition of business and civic leaders focused on making improvements for a cleaner, safer, more walkable, and more interesting neighborhood, where people want to be. Our priorities include urban design; planning and executing transportation enhancements, public parks and plazas, arts and activation; a robust public safety, maintenance and beautification program; and ensuring active community engagement. Our work makes Midtown clean, safe, vibrant, and accessible. We are a member-supported non-profit organization with a 40+ year reputation for getting things done on the ground in partnership with the City of Atlanta. Midtown Alliance operates with a full-time staff of 45 and projected 2021 expenditures of $10 million.
Since 2000, Midtown Alliance has leveraged millions of dollars in public and private funding to plan, design, and construct improvements in the public realm to include sidewalks, bicycle facilities, traffic signals, and other urban infrastructure. These investments have transformed Midtown's major corridors by improving safety, access, mobility, and aesthetics - all of which reinforce the district's strong urban identity.
- Responsible for general maintenance services, streetscape improvements and landscape services
- Responsible for the performance of general repairs and placement of fixtures as directed
- Responsible for special projects as outlined below and ensuring that the work is performed in a professional manner;
- Emphasize environmentally sensitive products and practices that support the objectives of the Midtown EcoDistrict;
- Act as important “eyes and ears” while working in the District, to identify and report back issues that need to be addressed, including suspicious persons, nuisance behaviors or activities, damaged or malfunctioning infrastructure;
- Quality control procedures to ensure that activities are performed in a complete, high-quality, timely and time-efficient manner.
- Positively interacts with Midtown stakeholders to provide customer service and ensure a safe and welcoming environment
- The services outlined above shall be performed within the Midtown Alliance service area (includes the Midtown Improvement District and expanded areas).
These services shall utilize vehicles and equipment provided by Midtown Alliance.
Working Hours/Special Work Conditions:
- The work schedule for this position is Wednesday through Sunday: 2pm-10pm
- Physical requirements include the ability to work in all seasons and climate conditions and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prior experience in landscaping, general maintenance or related field preferred
- Ability to operate maintenance equipment including lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to present a positive, reassuring and highly professional image as a representative of Midtown Green
- Be customer-service oriented and effectively engage with a broad range of individuals in diverse situations
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a driver history check
- Possess a High school diploma or GED
- Stable work history
- Pass physical fitness test and exam by licensed physician
- Ability to work day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays, as needed
- The ideal candidate should possess the required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the job.
Why Midtown Alliance?
Midtown Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, plus exceptional benefits to include employer-paid medical, dental, short & long term disability as well as life insurance, generous paid leave (15 vacation, 10 sick, & 13 holidays), and a retirement plan with an employer match after one year of service.
Interested & qualified candidates should email a letter of interest and/or resume to Apply@MidtownATL.com with the subject line Midtown Green Maintenance/Landscaper.
Midtown Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and the needs of the organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal or state law.