Midtown 13th Street Traffic Signals Project
(ATLDOT Proj. No. 3040)
Building off Midtown Alliance and the City of Atlanta’s effort to create safe intersection crossings for people walking, biking, taking transit, driving, and using shareable mobility devices, this project will install three (3) new traffic signals at the following unsignalized intersections:
- West Peachtree St and 13th Street
- Peachtree Street and 13th Street
- Juniper Street and 13th Street
The project scope includes new traffic signal equipment, mast arms and poles, ADA compliant ramps and crosswalks, as well as appropriate signage and lane markings for current and future bicycle facilities. Traffic signal warrant studies were conducted by Midtown Alliance and approved by the City of Atlanta in 2019.
Current Funding Sources
- City of Atlanta transportation impact fees
- Midtown Improvement District funds
The project Design and Engineering phase is complete, including:
- City and stakeholder coordination
- Survey and subsurface evaluations for signal locations
- Develop preliminary and final design plans
- Cost estimating
- Develop construction permitting documents
- Right-of-way activities, easements
The Design and Engineering, Permitting and Right-of-way (Easements) phases were completed in 2022. A successful procurement was conducted, and the construction contract was awarded on February 20, 2023. Once underway, construction duration is estimated at 12 months.
Please stay tuned for project updates! If you have general comments or questions, please contact Transportation@MidtownATL.com.
In Partnership With