Guaranteed Ride Home
Experience the security that comes with flexibility.
Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) is a free, regional program brought to you by Georgia Commute Options. Users can now request the GRH through their account on the MyGaCommute website or the Ga Commute app. Commuters can access up to four free Uber rides home each year in case of emergency.
Are You Eligible?
Do you carpool, vanpool, ride transit, or bike to work?
Are you unable to catch your normal ride home due to an unexpected illness, unscheduled overtime, sick child, etc.?
Do you work in one of the following counties: Barrow, Bartow, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Newton, Paulding, Rockdale, Spalding, or Walton?
- Have you been a GCO member for more than 30 days?
If you answered yes to all four questions, you're eligible for GRH!
How to Redeem:
- Go to the Ga Commute app or navigate to MyGaCommuteOptions.com.
- Before redeeming a GRH ride, you’ll need to go to your account settings and make sure you have a phone number associated with your account and that you’ve enabled our system to send you text messages (you’ll be asked to verify this number by entering a code that is texted to you).
- Go to the GRH page and select “Redeem for 0 points” in green at the bottom of the page after reviewing the terms and conditions.
- Answer the fulfillment questions and select your email.
- You will receive a call from GCO staff to confirm the details of your ride.
- After confirming your ride details, the GCO staff member will schedule your Uber ride. Please note that if you need a GRH ride outside of the program’s hours of operation (M-F 9am EST – 9pm EST), you must request the ride within the program’s hours to have the GCO staff member schedule a ride for the time you need.
- You will receive a text message with your Uber’s information – including car description, driver name and license plate. You will also receive a link which will allow you to track your Uber but will not allow you to make any changes.
- Take your ride.
Penalties for Abuse of Guaranteed Ride Home:
Commuters that are found to violate any of the rules and regulations of the Program will receive a violation on their record and will be monitored closely for future violations. Commuters receiving two violations will result in immediate termination from the program for up to one year. Continued abuse will result in permanent termination from the Program.
Information provided on this page has been provided by Georgia Commute Options & Atlanta Regional Commission and can be found here.