Arts Center Station Placemaking Project
Construction is now underway on an improved transit experience, including custom seating and multiuse platforms, lighting elements, landscaping and exciting public art programming, to be announced.
This project marks the third major collaboration between MARTA and Midtown Alliance on placemaking projects at stations in the district, and is the largest to date. We believe that transit stations provide a unique opportunity to bring people together in dynamic public spaces.
Arts Center Station is Midtown’s busiest MARTA Station. This bustling space supports transfers to and from regional bus transit and stands out as a key connector to the largest concentration of arts and culture in the southeast. The area around the station has experienced substantial growth, both in residential and commercial development.
This project will:
- Improve the transit experience of MARTA patrons as well as riders who use this space to connect to regional buses;
- Create a delighful and welcoming destination that benefits the surrounding community and visitors alike;
- Bring visibility to the vast concentration of art and culture that is within walking distance of the station and add an immersive outdoor arts experience that is accessible to all; and
- Promote transit as a prefered method of transportation in Midtown's dense, walkable, urban community.
Now Under Construction
Construction kicked off October 16th.
- Installation of seating platforms
- Installation of new plant material
- Public art concept review
- Electrical work
Midtown Alliance and MARTA are partnering to develop a schedule of ongoing arts programming in 2020. More information to be announced soon.