More Stories About
Midtown Transportation Reaches Over 100k Transit Passes Sold Last Year
While the Transit Pass Program has seen steady growth since its inception, the recent milestone of over 100,000 transit passes sold in 2019, an increase of 16% from 2018, marks an exciting moment in Midtown’s growth and its commitment to transit.
Hanover Presents Plans For 40-Story Mixed-Use Tower
The Midtown Development Review Committee finished out the year with presentations for three new projects, ranging from a modest addition to SCAD’s Digital Media Center, a new 20-story student housing project and a new 40-story mixed-use tower near the Arts Center MARTA Station.
Untangling Homelessness in Midtown
In Atlanta, the work to combat homelessness is spread across many different groups, from the faith community to public safety officers and business leaders. We spoke with several experts on the ground working to solve this citywide issue to find out what they're doing, how it's going and what's next.
Midtown Alliance’s Tree Program Helps Keep Over 2,500 Trees Healthy
From Oaks to Elms and Cypresses, Midtown’s lush canopy of trees is an integral part of the district’s walkable environment. But many residents, workers, and visitors in the district don’t know there is a team of caretakers who maintain it.
Curb enforcement program aims to cut down on parking violations
As a result of the district’s growth as a thriving business hub and preferred living destination, Peachtree has experienced an uptick in vehicles stopping illegally at the curb. Midtown Blue and APD are now working to issue warnings and citations.
Restaurant Roundup: 2019 Openings Diversify Midtown’s Dining Scene
Midtown is already one of the city’s top dining destinations, with 150+ restaurants located within 1.2 square miles. Check out our list of the new food and beverage spots that will be popping up around the district in the coming months.
Celebrating 40 Years of Transformation, Midtown Alliance Annual Meeting Looks Onward
Some 1,000 Midtown community members attended the event, which featured insight from Atlanta’s mayor, Midtown’s newest corporate neighbor and a thought leader changing the way cities think about and use one of their most vital assets.
In the News
- April 2020
- March 2020
- Applause erupts from Midtown balconies every night as a 'thank you' to healthcare workers, first responders11 Alive | Mar 22, 2020Local theater’s costume department shifts gears to make face masks for hospitalsWSB-TV | Mar 22, 2020New 33-story Midtown project secures over $100M in construction financingBiz Chronicle | Mar 16, 2020How a new $50M residential project fits on a rapidly developing block in MidtownBiz Chronicle | Mar 10, 2020How a 34-story tower will transform Midtown HQ of Big Brothers, Big SistersBiz Chronicle | Mar 6, 2020
- February 2020
- Georgia Tech alum pledges $18M, new Tech Square tower to be named for himBiz Chronicle | Feb 10, 2020
- January 2020
- Biz Chronicle: Commercial Real Estate Activity in Midtown Highest in DecadesBiz Chronicle | Jan 31, 2020
- December 2019
- Portman buys landmark Midtown funeral home, will develop property with multiple towersBiz Chronicle | Dec 23, 2019
- November 2019
- Microsoft moving new jobs into Midtown as larger potential expansion loomsBiz Chronicle | Nov 27, 2019
- October 2019
- Developers announce hotel flag for Midtown’s block-swallowing 1105 West PeachtreeCurbed | Oct 25, 2019State of Georgia OK's Emory University Hospital Midtown's $469M cancer towerBiz Chronicle | Oct 15, 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- Walkable urban areas like Midtown gaining market share over Atlanta suburbsSaporta Report | Jun 24, 2019Emory University Hospital Midtown reveals more about planned $475M cancer towerBiz Chronicle | Jun 4, 2019
- May 2019
- I-85 Crossroads: A 3,850-square-foot flat screen TV in your face – or not?Saporta Report | May 26, 2019