More Stories About
Celebrating 40 Years of Transformation, Midtown Alliance Annual Meeting Looks Onward
Some 1,000 Midtown community members attended the event, which featured insight from Atlanta’s mayor, Midtown’s newest corporate neighbor and a thought leader changing the way cities think about and use one of their most vital assets.
Commuter Spotlight: Startup Couple Melissa and Keith Bike for Balance
In the midst of a hectic startup lifestyle, both Melissa and Keith Coleman find that a bike commute gives them a break and a chance to relax. Read about how biking affects their physical and mental health, how to be a prepared cycling commuter, and why "it's totally worth it."
More MARTA Comes to Midtown to Increase Mobility
MARTA has been expanding for over a year now, as part of a 40-year program to expand public transportation throughout the city. Already, Midtown has seen the addition of new bus routes and increased service on existing routes. Learn about the possibilities of taking the MARTA bus in Midtown.
Commuter Spotlight: Aretta and Her Puppets Find Joy in the MARTA Commute
Aretta is a Midtown resident and employee who works at the Center for Puppetry Arts. She rides MARTA or walks to work most days, and loves listening to podcasts. Learn why she sees MARTA as an adventure and how one email Aretta sent changed her experience of taking the train.
Commuter Spotlight: Terry Takes Transit in Atlanta + Around the World
Terry is a Midtown commuter who relies on MARTA to get to work every day—and to get around Atlanta in general. Read about Terry's surprising savings over almost 20 years of a clean commute. Plus, learn why she considers public transportation a crucial part of being connected to any city.
Commuter Spotlight: Cyndi Rides the Bus to Save Time and Relax
Cyndi Flanagan works for Owens & Minor at Emory Hospital in Midtown. She is a is a mother, grandmother, scuba diver, motorcycle rider, and regular bus commuter. Learn more about her daily commute from Braselton and why she's a proud "busser."
Midtown Improvement District partners with local buildings to install standardized parking signage
Most of us have been there — you’ve got your destination in your sights, but you aren’t sure where to find parking for the building. To help solve this issue, Midtown Alliance is working with various sites in the Midtown Improvement District to provide standardized parking signs that will guide drivers to the best parking locations.
In the News
- May 2019
- April 2019
- Greenstone Starting Construction On Midtown Office Tower With Goldman Sachs' BackingBisnow | Apr 30, 2019Atlanta’s proposed transportation department to be a horn of plenty for mobilitySaporta Report | Apr 15, 2019Two major residential tower projects move forward on Midtown’s Peachtree StreetCurbed | Apr 15, 2019Supply chain company shifting global HQ to Midtown, pledging $30M investment and 230 jobsBiz Chronicle | Apr 10, 2019Officials: Creating Midtown complete street from scratch would provide vital MARTA link 30Curbed | Apr 8, 2019
- March 2019
- MARTA to launch car-sharing service at 22 rail stations, including MidtownBiz Chronicle | Mar 26, 2019Rooftop brunch, yoga, and a veggie butcher: What to expect at Whole Foods MidtownAtlanta Magazine | Mar 21, 2019Norfolk Southern sells Midtown regional headquarters building to Cousins PropertiesBiz Chronicle | Mar 4, 2019
- February 2019
- Viewpoint: Midtown Employers Can Have a 'Today' Conversation About TransitBiz Chronicle | Feb 1, 2019
- January 2019
- Colony Square, Nat'l Black Arts Federation Create Light Show Colab for Super Bowl LIIIAJC | Jan 30, 2019Midtown Alliance Rolls Out Try Transit Event for Local Commuters During Super BowlAJC | Jan 18, 2019City Hosting Public Meetings to Discuss Infrastructure Funding ShortfallsSaporta Report | Jan 11, 2019
- December 2018
- Smith Gambrell Russell Eyes Selig 1105 West P'tree Project for Office ReloBiz Chronicle | Dec 21, 2018Torpy at Large: The (bumpy) road to reining in electric scootersAtlanta Journal Constitution | Dec 21, 2018City Council Approves ATL Transpo Plan with Goal to Reduce Drive-Alone Vehicle TripsSaporta Report | Dec 3, 2018
- November 2018
- Cousins Properties Files Paperwork for New Norfolk Southern HQ in South MidtownBiz Chronicle | Nov 19, 2018Portman Secures Incentives for Spec Office Tower in Tech Square Next to Coda, AnthemBisnow | Nov 9, 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- Open House Atlanta is returning with free tours of the city’s best architectureCurbed | Sep 26, 2018Midtown Alliance, city to construction crews: Here’s how not to ruin streets, sidewalksCurbed | Sep 26, 2018Spring Hill Mortuary in Midtown granted historical landmark status by cityAtlanta Intown | Sep 24, 2018
- August 2018
- PROPOSED MIDTOWN 'COMMERCIAL ROW' TO TRANSFORM PARKING INTO PINT-SIZED PARKWhat Now Atlanta | Aug 13, 2018Atlanta drivers, relief is in sight: One-way streets changed to two-ways in new proposalWSB Atlanta | Aug 10, 2018Bird Invasion: Atlanta’s electric scooters are fun, dangerous, exciting, annoying, and unstoppableAtlanta Magazine | Aug 7, 2018Following Atlanta City Council talks, rule changes afoot for dockless bikes, scootersCurbed | Aug 6, 2018Planned hotel in Midtown implements aesthetics espoused in ‘Atlanta City Design’Saporta Report | Aug 6, 2018Northside plans $29 million relocation of outpatient surgery services to MidtownBiz Chronicle | Aug 6, 2018
- July 2018
- SUGARCOAT AND DRYBAR TO OPEN IN 12TH AND MIDTOWN'S SIXTY 11TH APARTMENTSWhat Now Atlanta | Jul 20, 2018
- June 2018
- THE OLIVE BISTRO LAUNCHING MEZE AND WINE BAR CONCEPT ACROSS FROM JOE'S ON JUNIPERWhat Now Atlanta | Jun 22, 2018Hotel project by Midtown’s Fox Theatre sets example for ‘better architecture in Atlanta’Biz Chronicle | Jun 12, 2018Atlanta pays $19 million for Midtown shopping center to expand Piedmont ParkBiz Chronicle | Jun 5, 2018