More Stories About
Midtown Alliance’s Tree Program Helps Keep Over 2,500 Trees Healthy
From Oaks to Elms and Cypresses, Midtown’s lush canopy of trees is an integral part of the district’s walkable environment. But many residents, workers, and visitors in the district don’t know there is a team of caretakers who maintain it.
Curb enforcement program aims to cut down on parking violations
As a result of the district’s growth as a thriving business hub and preferred living destination, Peachtree has experienced an uptick in vehicles stopping illegally at the curb. Midtown Blue and APD are now working to issue warnings and citations.
Restaurant Roundup: 2019 Openings Diversify Midtown’s Dining Scene
Midtown is already one of the city’s top dining destinations, with 150+ restaurants located within 1.2 square miles. Check out our list of the new food and beverage spots that will be popping up around the district in the coming months.
Celebrating 40 Years of Transformation, Midtown Alliance Annual Meeting Looks Onward
Some 1,000 Midtown community members attended the event, which featured insight from Atlanta’s mayor, Midtown’s newest corporate neighbor and a thought leader changing the way cities think about and use one of their most vital assets.
Commuter Spotlight: Startup Couple Melissa and Keith Bike for Balance
In the midst of a hectic startup lifestyle, both Melissa and Keith Coleman find that a bike commute gives them a break and a chance to relax. Read about how biking affects their physical and mental health, how to be a prepared cycling commuter, and why "it's totally worth it."
More MARTA Comes to Midtown to Increase Mobility
MARTA has been expanding for over a year now, as part of a 40-year program to expand public transportation throughout the city. Already, Midtown has seen the addition of new bus routes and increased service on existing routes. Learn about the possibilities of taking the MARTA bus in Midtown.
Commuter Spotlight: Aretta and Her Puppets Find Joy in the MARTA Commute
Aretta is a Midtown resident and employee who works at the Center for Puppetry Arts. She rides MARTA or walks to work most days, and loves listening to podcasts. Learn why she sees MARTA as an adventure and how one email Aretta sent changed her experience of taking the train.
Commuter Spotlight: Terry Takes Transit in Atlanta + Around the World
Terry is a Midtown commuter who relies on MARTA to get to work every day—and to get around Atlanta in general. Read about Terry's surprising savings over almost 20 years of a clean commute. Plus, learn why she considers public transportation a crucial part of being connected to any city.
In the News
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- Walkable urban areas like Midtown gaining market share over Atlanta suburbsSaporta Report | Jun 24, 2019Emory University Hospital Midtown reveals more about planned $475M cancer towerBiz Chronicle | Jun 4, 2019
- May 2019
- I-85 Crossroads: A 3,850-square-foot flat screen TV in your face – or not?Saporta Report | May 26, 2019
- April 2019
- Greenstone Starting Construction On Midtown Office Tower With Goldman Sachs' BackingBisnow | Apr 30, 2019Atlanta’s proposed transportation department to be a horn of plenty for mobilitySaporta Report | Apr 15, 2019Two major residential tower projects move forward on Midtown’s Peachtree StreetCurbed | Apr 15, 2019Supply chain company shifting global HQ to Midtown, pledging $30M investment and 230 jobsBiz Chronicle | Apr 10, 2019Officials: Creating Midtown complete street from scratch would provide vital MARTA link 30Curbed | Apr 8, 2019
- March 2019
- MARTA to launch car-sharing service at 22 rail stations, including MidtownBiz Chronicle | Mar 26, 2019Rooftop brunch, yoga, and a veggie butcher: What to expect at Whole Foods MidtownAtlanta Magazine | Mar 21, 2019Norfolk Southern sells Midtown regional headquarters building to Cousins PropertiesBiz Chronicle | Mar 4, 2019
- February 2019
- Viewpoint: Midtown Employers Can Have a 'Today' Conversation About TransitBiz Chronicle | Feb 1, 2019
- January 2019
- Colony Square, Nat'l Black Arts Federation Create Light Show Colab for Super Bowl LIIIAJC | Jan 30, 2019Midtown Alliance Rolls Out Try Transit Event for Local Commuters During Super BowlAJC | Jan 18, 2019City Hosting Public Meetings to Discuss Infrastructure Funding ShortfallsSaporta Report | Jan 11, 2019
- December 2018
- Smith Gambrell Russell Eyes Selig 1105 West P'tree Project for Office ReloBiz Chronicle | Dec 21, 2018Torpy at Large: The (bumpy) road to reining in electric scootersAtlanta Journal Constitution | Dec 21, 2018City Council Approves ATL Transpo Plan with Goal to Reduce Drive-Alone Vehicle TripsSaporta Report | Dec 3, 2018
- November 2018
- Cousins Properties Files Paperwork for New Norfolk Southern HQ in South MidtownBiz Chronicle | Nov 19, 2018Portman Secures Incentives for Spec Office Tower in Tech Square Next to Coda, AnthemBisnow | Nov 9, 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- Open House Atlanta is returning with free tours of the city’s best architectureCurbed | Sep 26, 2018Midtown Alliance, city to construction crews: Here’s how not to ruin streets, sidewalksCurbed | Sep 26, 2018Spring Hill Mortuary in Midtown granted historical landmark status by cityAtlanta Intown | Sep 24, 2018