More Stories About
Three Midtown Projects Recognized by ULI Atlanta for Design Excellence
The Urban Land Institute’s Atlanta Chapter recognized three Midtown projects — all located within a one square-mile area — at its 25th Annual Awards of Excellence in Development event. Midtown Alliance previously has recognized all three projects.
Untangling Homelessness in Midtown
In Atlanta, the work to combat homelessness is spread across many different groups, from the faith community to public safety officers and business leaders. We spoke with several experts on the ground working to solve this citywide issue to find out what they're doing, how it's going and what's next.
Midtown Alliance’s Tree Program Helps Keep Over 2,500 Trees Healthy
From Oaks to Elms and Cypresses, Midtown’s lush canopy of trees is an integral part of the district’s walkable environment. But many residents, workers, and visitors in the district don’t know there is a team of caretakers who maintain it.
Curb enforcement program aims to cut down on parking violations
As a result of the district’s growth as a thriving business hub and preferred living destination, Peachtree has experienced an uptick in vehicles stopping illegally at the curb. Midtown Blue and APD are now working to issue warnings and citations.
Restaurant Roundup: 2019 Openings Diversify Midtown’s Dining Scene
Midtown is already one of the city’s top dining destinations, with 150+ restaurants located within 1.2 square miles. Check out our list of the new food and beverage spots that will be popping up around the district in the coming months.
Celebrating 40 Years of Transformation, Midtown Alliance Annual Meeting Looks Onward
Some 1,000 Midtown community members attended the event, which featured insight from Atlanta’s mayor, Midtown’s newest corporate neighbor and a thought leader changing the way cities think about and use one of their most vital assets.
In the News
- November 2019
- October 2019
- Developers announce hotel flag for Midtown’s block-swallowing 1105 West PeachtreeCurbed | Oct 25, 2019State of Georgia OK's Emory University Hospital Midtown's $469M cancer towerBiz Chronicle | Oct 15, 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- Walkable urban areas like Midtown gaining market share over Atlanta suburbsSaporta Report | Jun 24, 2019Emory University Hospital Midtown reveals more about planned $475M cancer towerBiz Chronicle | Jun 4, 2019
- May 2019
- I-85 Crossroads: A 3,850-square-foot flat screen TV in your face – or not?Saporta Report | May 26, 2019
- April 2019
- Greenstone Starting Construction On Midtown Office Tower With Goldman Sachs' BackingBisnow | Apr 30, 2019Atlanta’s proposed transportation department to be a horn of plenty for mobilitySaporta Report | Apr 15, 2019Two major residential tower projects move forward on Midtown’s Peachtree StreetCurbed | Apr 15, 2019Supply chain company shifting global HQ to Midtown, pledging $30M investment and 230 jobsBiz Chronicle | Apr 10, 2019Officials: Creating Midtown complete street from scratch would provide vital MARTA link 30Curbed | Apr 8, 2019
- March 2019
- MARTA to launch car-sharing service at 22 rail stations, including MidtownBiz Chronicle | Mar 26, 2019Rooftop brunch, yoga, and a veggie butcher: What to expect at Whole Foods MidtownAtlanta Magazine | Mar 21, 2019Norfolk Southern sells Midtown regional headquarters building to Cousins PropertiesBiz Chronicle | Mar 4, 2019
- February 2019
- Viewpoint: Midtown Employers Can Have a 'Today' Conversation About TransitBiz Chronicle | Feb 1, 2019
- January 2019
- Colony Square, Nat'l Black Arts Federation Create Light Show Colab for Super Bowl LIIIAJC | Jan 30, 2019Midtown Alliance Rolls Out Try Transit Event for Local Commuters During Super BowlAJC | Jan 18, 2019City Hosting Public Meetings to Discuss Infrastructure Funding ShortfallsSaporta Report | Jan 11, 2019
- December 2018
- Smith Gambrell Russell Eyes Selig 1105 West P'tree Project for Office ReloBiz Chronicle | Dec 21, 2018Torpy at Large: The (bumpy) road to reining in electric scootersAtlanta Journal Constitution | Dec 21, 2018City Council Approves ATL Transpo Plan with Goal to Reduce Drive-Alone Vehicle TripsSaporta Report | Dec 3, 2018